Sunday, July 29, 2012

In the Spirit

Upon our arrival at Foster's Point, our perfect, summer, family vacation spot, 
we learned that my Uncle Phil was not well and 
would probably only make it a few more days at best.
 He had been battling for quite some time now.  Our Heavenly Father took him on 
Tuesday, July 24th.
He will be greatly missed!! We loved him very much!



Here he is with his lovely Bride, Sue Wettengel
Summer 2011


I have wonderful memories of him both here on Foster's Point in the summer time
and in Wisconsin where my family visited the Wettengel family for an 
occasional snow skiing trip.

We, the Pliskes, were not able to join the family for his funeral services
in Savanah, GA this week. We are very sad about that!!
We are with them in prayer and spirit!

This morning I was crying to my sweet husband that we could not be there.
He assured me that everything works out for the best...
He is 90% of the time "CORRECT", rest assured I am happy to
take credit for the other 10%...hehe

Not knowing what was in store on this wet, cloudy, yucky day, we got in the boat 
and made a trip up to the local store for some breakfast/lunch.
When we returned to the point Tim dropped Megan, Ben and I off at the camp.
Tim and Nathan were going to take a ride along the other shore,
 but turned around quickly, yelling at me...
"get your camera and get in the boat!"
When we turned the corner at the end of the point this is what we saw...


there he was...
my Uncle Phil...In the Spirit!
watching over and protecting The Point!
God does the most miraculous things
It was a beautiful sight!!





Here he is being pestered by an Osprey.  Also a beautiful bird.
Something I may never see again in my lifetime.
All here at Foster's Point, Belgrade Lakes, ME



And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

My husband was correct...everything works out for the best!
If we had been in Savanah we would not have been here to see my
Uncle Phil's great and beautiful Spirit...
and then to share it with you all!!

Much love to all -
Sara

In Loving Memory of 
Philip Lee Wettengel
January 29, 1930 - July 24, 2011








3 comments:

  1. beautiful tribute post, sara:) such a sweet picture of your uncle and aunt! congrats on your new blog! cute banner, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lynn! I found your blog just today! via something posted on pinterest. I love your blog!! I can't wait to see more of your beautiful talent!!

    Blessings - Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweet tribute....I couldn't agree more! Jeff's sister & their brother shared birthdays 3 days apart & on Kathy's birthday of the year he died, which was going to be particularly hard....I woke up and looked out the window and above her trailer (she took care of the horses at that time) there was a double rainbow above. It is amazing how 'Angels' work. And it is amazing how right husbands are 'some' of the time...hehe!
    XOXO~Hope

    ReplyDelete