Thursday, August 16, 2012

Just a little ADD...

As an artist, mother, wife, friend or just a woman in her mid 40's

I have come to realize I have a little ADD...

OK :) haha - it is more than just a little and...

really I have known it for a while now. 

It is just that some days it shows its ugly face more than others. 

And today is just one of those days! :)

Good news is I have learned to laugh at myself for it. I mean what else is there to do?
I am certainly not going to medicate. 
On second thought, I guess laughter is the best medicine so 
maybe I am already medicated. 

So here is what I have been doing today...which I am not sure amounts to much,
but hey, it's something. :/

I am working on some inspiration for my next paintings.
So I got my doodle book out and here is what I came up with...

- just a few sketches -









I have been lately fascinated by how time flies 
and have wanted to paint some clock faces with wings.
I realize that my final destination will be an eternity...with my Maker and Savior!
and for that I am forever thankful!!
but often wish I could keep time from flying away from me.

I also have enjoyed painting and drawing angels. 
Maybe because I feel like I am always in need of one!

I painted these angels a month or so ago and loved how they turned out!





We all need an angel or two...or three or four!! :)


moving on to my next thought of the day...
I have had these pumpkin pillows for a very long time now.




I thought it might be fun to make some of my own 
so I am going to give it a whirl. 

I picked out some fabrics...




I especially love the old white bed spread that I kept from years ago.




I think I will throw in some burlap too.
Especially since burlap is all the rage right now. :)

Now I just have to figure out how to cut the pattern...

- moving on -

I also worked on my painted rocks.
We can spell out just about anything...




Color me happy :)




And just in case you didn't already think I was ADD...

I let my mind move over and ponder a little jewelry making.




I used these magazines for a little inspiration...

but this will have to wait.
I have got to many kettles in the fire now.

So tomorrow I will get control of my ADD
and I will focus on finishing up my painted rocks first.

And... I have been a little behind on my house chores as well.

So... I do solemnly swear that I will focus on just my house work and my rocks tomorrow
before moving on to any other projects. :/

I will let you know how that works out...

Blessings - Sara








1 comment:

  1. ...I never bought Liquitex paints...do you really like them?
    xo~Hope

    ReplyDelete