Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Note to Fall




Note to Fall...Hurry Up!!

I am almost ready for you,
and I think you might be a little further away than
I would like.
Seeing as the temperatures are hovering right around 90 still.
Hoping for things to cool off a bit! :)


I have been working on a few more paintings.







I just love a plate full of paint, it makes me smile!
And I have had great company too!





Dungy...She is so sweet!


Here are the paintings I completed this week...
they are great for fall.











The next painting I plan to work on is this guy...




My youngest son has been asking me to paint a moose for his room. :)
We have this thing for moose...
not sure why?
It must be our affinity for Maine and Montana,
 where you can frequently see these creatures hanging out!



I have also worked on some fall decor projects as well...

I painted these twig pumpkins white and sprinkled them with a little glitter.










They turned out pretty cute...
so I continued the theme and painted these little guys white...








Along with some little acorns. I like the way they turned out too.


Now I am working on attaching them to a wreath...





I have cut strips of bleached burlap for ribbon and I am using some spanish moss for filler.
I will let you know how it all turns out.


I picked up these cute milk glass goblets the other day from the junk store. 




Not sure what I am going to do with them yet :)
This of course is of no surprise...I frequently pick up "stuff"
with no particular thing in mind.
This may explain why my craft room is busting at the seams! Haha :)

Haha...Kinda like this chalk paint I recently purchased. 
It arrived yesterday! YAY :)




I have no idea what I am going to use it for. But I will find something.


Well I have some things to do today.
Namely, finish up a serving tray
 that I have been working on for a wedding gift.
I have been putting it off for awhile now. UGH!
I think because I am nervous about how it is going to turn out.
I hope I end up liking it!!
But today, I am moving forward on this project until it is finished.

Often, I will start something, get half way through it and put it down because
I am unsure if I really like it or not.
Which might explain the number of unfinished projects in my house.
But one of my goals this year is not to let this happen...
because frequently if I continue with my project 9 times out of 10 
it turns out alright! :)

Is anyone else out there like this?
Or is it just me...


Have a great day!!
Blessings - Sara

7 comments:

  1. You are just a busy little bee! I tried to follow you last night & it wouldn't let me....now today it does. Blogging is crazy.
    XO~Hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...I still can't figure out why I can't leave a comment on yours!? Weird. But I am going to keep trying until it will let me! Relentlessly :) Thanks for being my 3rd follower! I am so excited!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks
    for
    following
    me!
    xo~
    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finishing is so hard. You are right, the rewarding part can require that we first get through the tough parts, like decisions and fear of messing up. Looks like you are keeping it at it and creating lots of lovely things. Love that moose! You are so talented. Thanks for stopping in at Quirky Vistas and leaving me an encouraging comment. I'm now following too.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz!! It will be fun getting to know you through our blogs!
      Have a blessed day! :)

      Delete
  4. Sara,

    You never seize to amaze me! How many times have I said that? : )

    Love the paintings and pumpkins! Did you like the color of the chalk paints? Have you sampled them on anything? I can't wait to see what you do with them!

    Angee



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't even opened them yet. haha I will probably wait now until I get back from Maine.
      Love you Angee!!

      Delete