Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Birthday Bash



On Sunday September 16th my little...ok, not so little...girl turned 17!
I can not believe how time flies.
I have a year and a half left and I will be packing her up for college!! :(
I will be a mess...so we won't even go there.


Anyway she had a very sweet friend, Courtney, who had her birthday on Saturday, so...
 they celebrated with the best of friends and had their 
BIRTHDAY BASH 
together!!

I was thrilled when they decided to celebrate at our home.
The girls decided to start their celebration off with a tailgate
and the Indiana football game.






Aren't they cute?! 
Happy 17th Birthday Courtney and Megan!


I put together these little candles for them...




I shared with you in a previous post that I was going to use these...




to make the candles out of.

I decided against the larger ones and stuck with the smaller ones.
With a little scrapbook paper, some mod podge, and some embellishments
 they turned out pretty cute. :)

I had previously done some firecrackers...




using the same technique.







After the IU game the girls and a few guys 
came back to the house and sat around a fire 
out back by the pool!
They made s'mores and had hot coffee.
It was a chilly night. 
They had a great time and it was so fun 
for me to observe...from a distance, of course! haha :)

On Sunday the rest of the girls went back to Indy and
 Courtney and Megan got ready to head to the COLTS game!


It was a simple but sweet weekend! 
All these girls are precious! <3

Still working on that fall decor...

Blessings - Sara






3 comments:

  1. Hey Sara...thank you so much for visiting me and linking up...the candles are precious and i just love the happy birthday rocks...so cute ! In regards to your question about your name appearing...when you are asked for 'name', it's asking you for the name of the project your linking ...crazy I know...but now you're all set for next time ! Thanks again Sara...I'm your newest fan...xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lucy!! You made my day! :) I will be linking up again soon and a your blog will be a regular read for me!! Looking forward to getting to know you through our blogs!

      Blessings - Sara

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to your daughter and her friend. What cute candles you made! My husband is from Indiana! =)

    ReplyDelete