Saturday, September 22, 2012

Making A Mess




Consider yourself warned...
you might get swallowed up if you go in! haha
I have made a royal mess of things!!




Do you ever think that you are making more of a mess than progress?
I do...and that is exactly what I am doing
 as I prepare my home for fall.
My mind works much faster than my hands :)
and I think every room now has evidence of my work.

I have been working diligently getting our home ready 
for the fall months. 
I just love this time of year and I am 
anxious to get it all done!

I will be ready to sit back and relax, soak it all up...
sit by the fire, roast marshmallows, sip on some hot coffee or better still
some hot coco
 and spend time with my man and kids 
as we anticipate the colder months,
and look forward to the hustle and bustle of the holiday season.
I can't believe how fast it all goes...or maybe I can!

But for now I am going to embrace this perfect weather!! :)
the changing of guard, so to speak.
the colors of earth and sky and how they so perfectly compliment each other,
the sound  a carpet of color makes under my feet,
and the smell of the crisp autumn air.
PERFECT!! <3

Here is a sampling of the mess I am in. haha 
Hoping that something really fun and beautiful comes from all this stuff.







Does your house ever look like this? 
When I am in this mode every room looks like this.
I work around it all, stepping over or on it, pretending not to notice.
And then sooner or later it will drive me crazy and
I will feel the need for order again and just call 'er done
Putting it all away - done or not.

Only to start over again in a few weeks for the next season. haha :)



Here are a few things I have been working on...

I finished my fall wreath for my front door

(blackbird wreath)


I am loving the blackbirds this season...I picked them up from Michaels.

Here are a few more pics from my fall decorating...


(fall mums centerpiece)






(fabric pumpkins)



I still have lots to do...
but I guess I am seeing some progress out of my mess. :)

I am working on finishing up something for my dining room table...






not completely sure where this project is going...
I have some ideas in my head.
I have been wanting to use some of the birch bark I collected in Maine.
And I love using God's beautiful work from outdoors inside.
We will have to see how it works out.
I will keep you posted.

I picked these items up at the junk store the other day...
thinking I might use them in my fall decorating or maybe to make a
HAPPY FALL gift for a couple girlfriends! :)


I will be back with more pictures when I finish up.
For now I hope you all are enjoying this beautiful weather :) 
And you are having fun preparing for the fall!

Take time to breathe it all in! 
and I will too!!
XOXO

Blessings - Sara




8 comments:

  1. What a small world - haha! And yes, she is a fabulous cook. Poor Jon went from her cooking to mine (which is horrible!) Love your porch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara,

    I love the front porch and your wreath with the blackbirds! I bought mums, but that is the extent of my fall decorating this year! YIKES!

    Can't wait to see what you come up with for the dining room table. : )

    Love your blog!
    Angee





    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Sara that is one beautiful mess! If that's the results you get making your mess, come on over and mess up my house too please.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your front porch looks beautiful and inviting, Sara! I can't wait to see what you do with all the other fun items...
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow major artist are you!!!! Thanks for your sweet words on my 'sweet brother' post. He was a marvelous person. So grateful for everything he taught me. Yes, I do think our brother's know each other. That is nice.

    I've joined your site! Thank you for joining mine. I trust you won't regret it. lol

    I also invited Mary (my sister), Jacqueline and Vivienne. Watch for them. They are cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks Renae!! Looking forward to getting to know you through our blogs! Have a most blessed day <3

      -Sara

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous decorations Sara! Looking forward to reading more of your blog, and it's always good to 'meet' a fellow Hoosier.

    Your newest follower....for now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awe thanks Jaqueline! I will be keeping you in my prayers. Not sure if you are currently living in Indy but we are due for some yucky weather, which I hope does not bring too much pain for you to bear!! Sounds like you have a good attitude though :) bless your sweet heart!!

      Many Blessings - Sara

      Delete