Monday, October 1, 2012

All In A Days Work





Yay! I finally got that wedding gift done that I have put off and put off!

Friday night I told myself it would be complete by Saturday evening...
and, I am happy to say it was!

Signed, sealed and delivered yesterday afternoon! :)

So here is the finished product...








It has a piece of glass in the bottom
so you can change out the photo.

On the back I put a little scripture that I adore...
Hebrews 6:19
It might have something to do with the fact that 
I have always had a thing for anchors. 
I just love them!!








I don't have many work in progress photos but here are a few...











I plan to do some more of these trays,
probably for some Christmas gifts. 
So when I do I will take more pictures.


There are a couple things I might do differently next time.
Mostly just the order of how I put it together.
Hoping to make the process a little easier.
I did encounter a couple bumps in the road,
but, all in all, it turned out ok! :)

After all, the beauty of it is that it is handcrafted...right?
That is what I kept telling myself when I was spending to much time
worrying about it's imperfections anyway.

So my project for the weekend was complete.
YAY!!







My boys had a job themselves for Sunday...
they hosted the Cross Country Jr. High team for  practice.

They mapped out a 1.8 mile course for the team to run
on our property and the neighboring properties.

It was really a fun course. :)



















The team is preparing for their big end of the season meet
put on by CYO next Saturday.

All the kids worked hard this season and ran hard last night!

It was fun to have them here :)

Praying that they are a great success on Saturday!
Regardless, it was a great season.
I can't believe this is Nathan's last year with this team.
He is off to High School next year.
It has been a good run!!


Have a blessed day!
<3 - Sara













4 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland! I love that picture you made for someone's wedding gift. Wow! What a creative and personal gift. I'm sure they will love it! Thanks so much for your visit to my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly - Thank you for visiting and becoming a follower of my blog. I love your blog and am excited to get to know you through our blogs! I love your sisters blog as well! That's a lot of talent amongst sisters :)

      Blessings - Sara

      Delete
  2. what a great idea and such a beautiful personalized gift. i'm your newest follower. come check out my blog when you have a minute at http://sister-number-5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geri - Thank you so much for following my blog! It will be fun to get to know you. Five sisters? That is a lot of girls. One of my dearest friends is one of five girls :) Anyway, it looks like you have a great time together! :)

      Blessings - Sara

      Delete