Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Feeling Blue




Oh...not that kind of blue :(

Ok well maybe a little. Only because I have been so busy that my blog
has gone on the back burner a bit. Ugh! :(

I have missed you all.  Hopefully the coming week will be better.

I have not even had time to really do any fun creative projects.

But...I did finally bust out the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. 
Thanks to my sweet friend Angee's encouragement!

So this is what I meant by blue...








This past Friday my boys had the day off for Fall Break 
and two of my bestest friends and their boys came over to spend the afternoon.

With a little push from Angee, I opened up my cans of paint.
We really had no clue what we were going to do. 

So we found this little table in the basement that I have had for 
a very long time...maybe 10 years or so.

Always with the intention of painting it...
I had even started it a couple of times. 
I had tried several colors.
But not liking any of the results I was getting, I put it down,
throwing it in the Unfinished Projects by Sara pile.

In this house we call that UPS. 
So UPS had made yet another delivery, adding to my growing heap.

Praise the Lord, my heap has one less item in it. 

I don't have any before pictures and actually,
 after taking an ASCP class today with four of my most fun friends ever,
I am going to work on it a little more.

However, it could be called "done", so I am happy to say it is no longer an UPS. :)

This paint is forgiving, fast, fun and fabulous!
If you have not tried it, I would totally encourage you to give it a try.

Here are some pictures of my table now that it is "done"...








I apologize for the quality of them...I took them from my cell phone.


I definitely need to perfect my technique, but I love my little table.
And after having it in my basement for the past ten years or so
I am thrilled to have it in my family room
 so that when we start a fire I have a place to set down my hot tea :)
That just makes me happy!!









Today, my friends and I had the best time taking this ASCP class 
and I am so excited to put what I learned to good use.

I am walking around my house wondering what I can paint next :)
I hope I don't end up painting the dog...or my friend Kim's sunglasses. Hehe!
( I put that in there just for you Kim - XOXO)

Mary, Kari and I made a pit stop at the junk/antique store after getting back from our class.
Kari scored a couple of great items to use her new paint on.
She already has a drop cloth on the driveway with her first project ready to go.
Can't wait to see her results!!

I guess I had better get busy!

I'll be back with more soon...I have lot's of painting to do!! :)...
amongst a few other things I have in that UPS pile.



Blessings - Sara


One more note...
THANK YOU so much to all my new followers 
and for everyone's sweet comments on my previous posts!
They did not go unnoticed.  Life just got a little too crazy!!
But a good kind of crazy because it was all about my kids :)








No comments:

Post a Comment